Skip to main content

Catnip Doobie Pattern

 Catnip Doobie Pattern


You may sell items made from this pattern, but please tag me as the pattern maker in any posts @loewenbeholdcrochet 


Materials

  • White 4 Weight Yarn (I used Bernat Premium for all yarn in this pattern)
  • Black 4 Weight Yarn
  • Orange 4 Weight Yarn
  • Red 4 Weight Yarn 
  • Catnip
  • Darting Needle
  • Stuffing (I use polyester stuffing)
  • Size 4mm or smaller hook 




Notes : Use slip stitch to join all rounds. Stitch marker is optional.


Abbreviations Used


Chain = Ch

Single Crochet = Sc

Single Crochet Increase = Sc Inc 

Single Crochet Decrease = Sc Dec

X Followed by a number means repeat that amount of times. Ex. “x6” means repeat 6 times.

Numbers in brackets at the end of a round are how many stitches there should be after you finish the round. Ex. (6) There should be 6 stitches once you finish that round.


Round 1 - Ch 2, 6 sc into ch1 (6)

Round 2 - Sc Inc x6 (12)

Round 3 - Sc, Sc Inc x6 (18)

Round 4-15 - Sc around (18)

Change to black yarn

Round 16 - Sc around (18)

*Add catnip & start stuffing*

Change to orange yarn

Round 17 - Sc around (18)

Change to red yarn

Round 18 - Sc around (18)

Round 19 - Sc, sc dec x6 (12)

*Add more catnip and finish stuffing*

Round 20 -  Dec x6 (6)

Finish off and weave in ends.


Last but not least, enjoy with your kitty!    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pluhsie Bee Pattern

 You may make and sell this product but please tag me as the maker of the original pattern @loewenbeholdcrochet  . You my not rewrite this pattern in any way. Abbreviations- Ch- Chain Sc- Single crochet Sc Inc- Single crochet increase Dec- Single crochet decrease "x" followed by a number is how many times you need to repeat that sequence. ex. sc inc x6 means 6 single crochet increases all the way around. *Note Each round of the bee is joined with a slip stitch. the wings are done without using a slip stitch. Yarn Used-   I use Sweet Snuggles Yarn by Loops & Threads for this pattern. Yellow, Black, White and Coral. Wings- (make 2) Ch2 Round 1: 6sc into Ch1 (6) Round 2: sc inc x6 (12) Round 3: sc, sc inc x6 (18) Finish off wings and leave long tails for sewing to the body. Body Using yellow yarn Ch 2 Round 1: 6sc into chain 1 (6) Round 2: sc inc x6 (12) Round 3: sc, sc inc x6 (18) Round 4: 2sc, sc inc x6 (24) Round 5: 3sc, sc inc x6 (30) Round 6: 4sc, sc inc x6 (36) Change

How It All Started

      December 26, 2020- The day it all started. As most people reading this know, the Covid-19 pandemic started in 2020 and we were all told to isolate as much as possible. I'm in Ontario Canada where the rules happened to be very strict with this, and at that time we weren't allowed to see any friends or family outside of our immediate household. This obviously lead to a stir crazy and lonely Christmas, though I'm very lucky that I had my husband and daughter at home with me.      December 26, 2020- My sister posted a photo of herself beginning to knit her first scarf on Instagram. She hadn't completed the scarf yet but I was amazed at how straight she had kept the ends of it and I've always liked the look of handmade things. After seeing this picture I originally thought to myself "I'm going to start knitting". Now of course I didn't know anything about knitting or crocheting, but I had all of these ideas of things I wanted to make in my head. M